1. I went to Lowe’s to buy more closet pieces and they don’t carry the line anymore (although they say they do on the website!). Hmm. So do we head to Home Depot or re-evaluate our plans? We decided to reconfigure what we have and then actually build out the back wall of the closet with wood and shelf brackets that we already have. In the end, it saves us bucks. Good deal and still very happy with the closet.
2. I mentioned yesterday that I’m trying to de-plasticize our kitchen. We started with pyrex and anchor hocking glass storage containers (the AH even have glass lids!). I’m slowly removing all of the Rubbermaid. All heating and reheating in the microwave happens in glass containers. We’re drinking water from Klean Kanteen stainless steel bottles. Etta uses BPA free bottles and sippy cups. The problem? I am ADDICTED to ziplock bags. Must work on this.
3. It’s gloomy and gross out. Yes, I know it’s December but I could use a little sun. I had to go to Walmart yesterday so that I could absorb the bright lights and perk up a little.
4. My new craft is knitting. I need to post pics of some of my projects. I’ve really been enjoying it since I can do it snuggled in bed watching TV (something I can’t do with quilting).
To do list:
- Gather, wash & sort coats.
- Finish knitted sweater for Etta.
- Quilt puppy top for Etta.
- Etta’s roman shade.
- Laundry. Always laundry to do.
- Find permanent storage place for yarn and knitting accessories.
- Clean sewing room.
- Make ebay list.
I know there’s more…I just can’t think of it now. And I’m waiting on a space heater before I can do much in my sewing room. It’s between 55-59 degrees in there and just not comfortable for working.