1. I finally did the button holes on the outfit for Etta and I royally messed up and tore a big hole in it. I called my mommy practically in tears and she’s going to try to fix it for me this weekend. I am so disappointed in myself.
2. I finished the boyfriend hat and then started another in some fuzzy yarn. It’s lime green and teal which isn’t the best combo, but I’m using up some scraps. This is mindless knitting for when I’m hanging out with Etta.
3. My socks are still in the works. I have turned the heels and picked up the gussets. Lots of fun, but I need to sort of pay attention to what I’m doing so I can’t get much done with the monkey around. I can’t wait to knit socks with pretty sock yarn.
4. I have yet to cast on the soaker longies I mentioned. I joined a soaker yarn club at Knit Fit Knitting and am waiting for my first shipment to arrive any day now. Hopefully it’ll be so purty that I won’t be able to resist it. I ordered the gender neutral colors so I can use them again with kid #2.
5. I’ve trimmed the puppy quilt, and machine stitched the binding to the front. Now I’m slowly hand sewing the binding to the back. I can’t wait to finish it and put it on the big bed in Etta’s room. But then I’ll have to finish the coordinating kitty quilt. It was cut way back when I did the puppy one, but it needs stitched. Heh. “Needs stitched.” I’ve been in Central Pennsylvania too long.
6. I made a cute fleece jumper for Etta, but I can’t get my machine to do the button holes because the fabric is too thick (4 layers of fleece there). I’m also taking this to mom’s for her help. Maybe I’ll have to stitch the button holes by hand? Ugh. I don’t even want to think of that.
7. I’m about 90% done with my Coraline swap box for the swap over at My Little Mochi. I’m going to finish it up on Sunday when I’m back from mom’s and then mail it out on the 16th (the deadline). I’ll also post some pics on Sunday. And when I get my box in the mail, I’ll also share my goodies with you.
8. I ordered yarn today for this cabled dress for Etta. It’ll take forever for it to get here though because their shipping is known for being slow. I also ordered 16″ and 24″ size 1 and 2 circulars for future socky goodness. Don’t be surprised when all you get for Christmas is a pair of socks. But at least they’ll be nice socks!
My camera is still at my mom’s (SINCE CHRISTMAS!) and I don’t know where Bill’s is. So no new pictures. Sorry folks.
Etta has been up late every night (18 month sleep regression anyone?) but tonight she went down at 8:45pm. No, it’s not her normal 7pm, but it’s better than 11:30. It started 2 weeks ago with some wicked teething (8 teeth total now) and was further complicated by the time change on Sunday. She amazes me every day. She has a bottomless stomach. She eats everything and then asks for more of it. She’s so smart and she repeats everything that I say (oops!). She says, “Oh MAN!” when she’s frustrated. What amazes me, is that not only does she say it with the exact intonation that I use, but she says it at the exact appropriate times! Please pat me on the back because I used to say, “Oh f*ck!”
Signing off. Need sleep.