1. It seems that a couple of my blogging friends are using lists in their posts. I like it. It’s neat and organized. I think I’ll try it. My absence here can be explained by an addiction to Facebook. For real.
2. We had a very nice Christmas with a only a few snags (I had the flu earlier in the week and some packages arrived the day after Christmas). Etta had a great time opening gifts and has been playing hard ever since. We celebrated with my family over the weekend and spent the actual Christmas Day here at home. I don’t think I’d ever been home for Christmas in my life until this year. It was nice. But different
3. We had a very nice master closet (7×10′) but I decided to mess with it and make it better. The last 2 nights have been spent sleeping in Etta’s room or on the floor because our bed is covered in clothes. Although the organizer installation won’t be complete tonight (we still need to purchase a few more pieces), I’m hoping that most of the clothes will be returned to the closet and I’ll be able to sleep in my own bed.
4. Nap time has been trying lately. Our little girl is growing up and her body is adjusting and stomping our beautiful schedule all to shit. I think we’re moving away from 2 naps a day, but she’s still not quite ready for one nap. I tried to keep her up today and she almost fell asleep in her lunch.
5. I don’t have to return to the office until January 13th, although I do have some work to do at home. Right now, January 13th seems like a LONG way away.
6. We spent $13k on a new furnace. It’s sort of nice and it’s saving us a bundle every month, but it’s not heating our house evenly and this is bugging me. We need them to come back out and fix it.
Until next time…